The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 43 made on Monday February 8, 2016 at 09:19
Nded
Just Add Power
September 2009
On February 7, 2016 at 19:00, iform said...
Sad to say we're having issues again. 3 bad phi phong power supplies this week.

Sorry to hear this happened to your customer. Our overall experience with the new power supplies has been good, but I don't think perfection and eternal life is possible for any of the companies that build these AC adapters. That said, the reality of the situation doesn't make your customer any happier when they are the one with the problem.

Our first priority is to get your customer back up and running. The first thing I would advise you to do is call support (800-615-0206 Ext 2) and tell them how many, where to, and how fast you need them. The only power supplies we carry any more are the Phi Hong discussed above. If you have a preference for some other brand DC5V power supply, let us know and we'll go with the ones you prefer instead.

After your customer has been taken care of, I'd like to find out some more details. Did all three die recently, or was this over a period of time? What is the zip code where they are installed? Did the customer report any other electronic devices with problems at the same time? Were the power supplies on some sort of surge protection, or plugged directly into the wall? How many total Just Add Power devices with power supplies are in the system?

If you'd rather not reveal some of these details in the forum, please email me (ed @ justaddpower dot com) or send a PM. We'll do our best to figure out why this happened, and whether or not anything can be done to prevent it from happening again.
Ed Qualls - Just Add Power - Proud to advertise on and support Remote Central

Hosting Services by ipHouse