The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 32 made on Wednesday February 3, 2016 at 12:48
Bubby
Advanced Member
July 2007
On February 3, 2016 at 12:25, Mac Burks (39) said...
Regulation doesn't just happen for no reason. Traffic lights and seat belt laws are here because people couldn't handle it themselves. If the EPA is trying to regulate farmers who have ponds i would wager its because farmers with ponds are allowing something to happen that shouldn't.

Maybe in some cases. Read this:
[Link: trib.com]

This is because there are no real consequences for straw buyers. Currently you just say "oops, someone stole it" and thats it. There should be consequences for being so careless that someone was able to steal your firearm. 2nd offense should cause you to lose your ability to own guns. 3rd should be mandatory jail time because its obvious you are a criminal or too stupid to lock your guns up.

Yes, straw buyers should be locked away. Current law allows for 10 years and $250K fine. It's not being enforced. So why would any new guns laws be enforced any better? My thoughts are to enforce the current ones to the fullest extent, THEN see where we need to go.

If you want to make a new gun law, start with any violent gun crime requires a min 5-year stay in Federal Prison, no pleas allowed.

Whats the plan for these guns? Nothing legal for sure. This makes the owners of these guns criminals or future criminals.

I am not planning on doing anything illegal nor becoming a future criminal. Not all gun owners are criminals. In fact 99.9% aren't.

Hosting Services by ipHouse