The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday January 24, 2016 at 14:07
77W
Advanced Member
June 2012
On January 23, 2016 at 21:00, BradKas said...
White will be glossy which matches standard Leviton quite well. One on another Leviton has a slight yellow undertone whereas Lutron will have blue, however no designers or home owners have ever called us on it.

I ended up using Cooper screwless plates with Cooper receptacles in my own house because of the whole coloration thing. Lutron are too "pure white" aka blueish, and the Leviton recetacles are now like a matte finish with only a bit of sheen compared to how they used to be glossy. It was hard to find a combo that looked good. Crestron keypads aren't quite the same white, but it's just about as close as I could get it.

Shitty part was that for my baseboard receptacles where we used boxes with ears, the nubs on the mount of the Cooper receptacles prevented the faceplate from sitting flush. To keep the outlets glossy (Leviton semi-matte in a bright room doesn't look right) I used Hubbell instead, but those are pretty white compared to the Cooper screwless plates. I gave up on that - just couldn't get it perfect, and it DOES bug me....just ask my wife.

Who knew "white" could be so difficult.

Hosting Services by ipHouse