The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Saturday January 23, 2016 at 13:26
Diskreet
Long Time Member
February 2011
On January 22, 2016 at 18:02, Impaqt said...
well.. BD wise, you can certainly still buy a Premier system with a changer and load up all your Physical discs into a Kscape changer and archive them onto a hard drive.

Unfortunately, K-Scape does not have any 4k players in the current premier line and I have not seen anything about Premier supporting 4k in the future.

The Encore series Stratos should be available in the next couple months. However, you cannot archive your media with an encore system.
You can load it up into a changer.
You can buy a digital copy from Kaleidascape store.(these are the only files that actually are stored on the hard drive)
You can link the system to your UltraViolet account and Stream your material. (The system also allows you to buy digital versions of Media you already own through Ultraviolet)

From my understanding compatibility will come, but with some technicalities, when speaking with our rep it is all on the horizon and the whole kaleidescape family can be brought under one umbrella with stratos,encore, premier, cinema one and even cinema one 1st gen.

So I think depending on what line of equipment you have and if you had it before they lost the ability to copy discs will all determine on how the system is merged together.
The Future's Bright, The Future's Controllable.

Hosting Services by ipHouse