The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday January 12, 2016 at 03:26
PSS
Select Member
December 2002
I just picked up a the "new" Russound MCA-88 dist audio system. I need to use the zone outputs from three zones to feed another amp. Only after installing the unit and having an issue with these zones staying "live" did I find out. After calling Russound tech help I come to find that all the zone outputs stay live all the time, even after an all off command. This has totally screwed me as it's always feeding the sub zones. The tech on the phone said to tell client to just go in the rooms and turn volume control down, right!!
I can't figure out any way to make this unit work since it has only one global trigger and no zone triggers.......My potential option, by older MCA-C5 $$$$
I know ultimately it's my fault for not checking ALL the specs of the new unit. The old MCA-C5 would have worked fine (zone triggers, etc.). They stripped triggers in lieu of new digital inputs.
Back to my main question, in "most" D.A. units do the zones stay live when that zone is shut off? I don't know how it can help my situation but I'd like to know.

Hosting Services by ipHouse