The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Saturday January 9, 2016 at 19:22
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
I saw the pics. Now i get it. If it were me i would get rid of all the existing "patch cables" coming from the back wall and start over so you have enough length. I would make sure that all the remaining cables are connected to wall plates so that there are no holes in the wall and so everything is a patch cable.

I would make a bundle out of all the wires from each panel. That will be easier to manage than one mega bundle. Take bundles up or down keeping the front of those panels accessible. Use the d-rings to strap/route bundles across the walls all the way to where the rack is. The object here is to not have any bundles draping through the air from the back wall to the rack. Bundles get routed to the side wall and attached the entire way. Leave enough slack for the rack to be rolled out. With bundles attached to the wall you can walk into the closet without trying to dance between strands of cable.

I would even take the cables from the plates on the other wall and go ahead and attach them to the wall so that their bundles can head the same direction as the others. This way every bundle shows up at the rack coming from the same direction.

My drawing shows the plates on the side wall but they look to be on the back wall of the closet. It doesnt matter so long as you use the d-rings to route cables around the walls to the front of the closet right before they go to the racks

These are the closest pics i have to what you are dealing with. A 2008 Phast to Crestron upgrade using the existing cable and rack. Originally wire was coming from every direction in this closet and i put in bulk cable plates and brought them out of the wall. If i had it to do over i would have attached the bundles to the wall like you plan to do. Having cables all come to the same side makes it easy to slide out and roll the rack to the wall.

Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse