The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Saturday December 19, 2015 at 15:21
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 19, 2015 at 13:21, King of typos said...
The whole point of the booties is to protect the floor from the bottom part of your shoe/boot. And this is exactly what I was referring too. Though that price of $140 for the device? What the heck.

I may just make my own and use the plastic rolls that you have to order anyways.

Granted, actual booties will come in handy on those snowy or rainy days when you need all around protection.

KOT

I have a hard time finding booties that fit because my shoes are too big, too. Occasionally, I'll find some that are larger than usual, so I bought some socks at a shooter's supply store, made for police and the soles are heavier than normal. really comfortable and if I can find the tag for them, I'll post it- wasn't from 5.11, but similar. I worked with some guys who wore slip on shoes with rubber sole and kept them in a bag, so they wouldn't walk outside in them- if I had normal feet, I might use those, too.

My friend has an upholstery shop- I'll ask if this is something that would be feasible. He uses ballistic Nylon frequently- it comes in several thicknesses and ratings for durability.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse