The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 35 made on Friday December 18, 2015 at 12:37
AAC_Anthony
Audio Authority Corp.
September 2010
On December 18, 2015 at 12:21, Brad Humphrey said...
Anthony,
I have spent the last hour+ looking into this. Do you actually own a Chromecast Audio? Because everything I see & read says you are wrong about the device. It does NOT have any services on the Chromecast Audio itself. The Chromecast Audio is just a dumb box, a target for apps to stream to (like Airplay does). All audio comes from the user's phone or tablet.
Again, there is NO services on the Chromecast Audio device itself. It is just an audio target in apps that support it.

They are having a sale right now. You can get (2) Chromecast Audio for only $55. That's a great deal and the same price you can get some good Bluetooth receivers for - but obviously the Chromecast Audio would be the better choice for the range alone.

@Brad,

I have several Chromecast and a Chromecast audio as well. feel free to give me a call at the office or PM me and I will give you my cell #(Office 859-685-1294).

The Chromecast works like this. You open an app on your phone and then select the Chromecast you want to cast to. Then the app hands off the the streaming duties to the Chromecast. The content at this point is not being streamed to your phone its being streamed directly to the Chromecast. It is not being routed through your phone. The only time content is delivered directly from your phone is if the content resides on your phone.

Last edited by AAC_Anthony on December 18, 2015 15:26.
Anthony Grote | Account Manager
859-685-1294, www.audioauthority.com
Follow us - [Link: twitter.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse