The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday December 11, 2015 at 14:42
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On December 11, 2015 at 13:57, Fred Harding said...
no. Article some guy wrote details reason.

Well, Fred, that's some guy, all right!

Two of the comments back in 2010:

Bill Horan said
And how about my wonderful picture quality but aging Sony tube television? It supports 1080i - but only with component video cables. It doesn’t have any HDMI input. In this situation the industry says - tough?

Sometimes I wonder what ever happened to the rabid environmentalists of the 70s. I used to think they were way over the line, causing harm to people by insisting on protecting individual species of wildlife, whose ecology they only thought they understood.

Where are the rabid environmentalists these days, when the coming of HDMI meant that huge hunk of Sony TV became waste? And when DirecTV required the trashing of millions of satellite receivers? For that matter, when families sneak into the US from the south and leave canyons devastated with human waste of all sorts, not just limited to dirty diapers? And Keurig cups?

Jack said
I don't see the downside to this. It is a chance to get back into all my clients' houses and look at potential upgrades… Think about how many times you have upgrades your cell phone and computer in the last 5 years. I see no difference here. Not to mention we were warned about this over a year ago…

You get to go back to your clients' houses and tell them that what you installed has a much shorter life than either of you thought it would have. And the conversion is just like getting a new phone, except for the tens of thousands of dollars for this versus a hundred bucks or so for a phone.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse