The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday December 8, 2015 at 19:36
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
We're using an outboard amp for Zone 2 from an RX-A750, not the internal amp channels.

I can't get the receiver set up to allow volume control of Zone 2 with the volume control. Somehow I was able to raise its volume through the menu, but going back in I can't figure out how I did it. The volume control does nothing at all until one step past -80 dB. Then it goes silent. That somehow means it's active; it just does nothing!

There's also some kind of interaction between Zone 2 and PARTY that I can't figure out. One aspect is that when you turn on PARTY, the next Zone 2 Power button push turns off Zone 2, even if it was off when you started.

I could go on and on about what I've tried, but if someone knows how to set this, please tell me. There are several variables here and they put the menus just enough apart, with setting names that don't seem to match the action, and I'm just lost.

I just accidentally found out that if the Zone 2 volume is all the way down, PARTY is silent.

~~~~~

I've not programmed an iPad to control a system before now, so I had another installer do it. He chose PARTY as the means of turning Zone 2 on and off, and that was okay. ...except that is set at one volume, not very loud, and I can't change it, either.

Thanks for any help.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse