The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 39 made on Thursday December 3, 2015 at 18:20
MikeDee
Lurking Member
March 2009
This is probably/almost definitely not much help for many installs, but I'm actually using my Sony TV IR codes through the TV's IR receiver to control my Fire TV. Not sure how I even noticed this originally, but the Sony TV remote codes that do not have a function on the TV (UP, Down, L, R, Select, as long as the TV menu is not on screen) and the FFW, RW, PLAY, PAUSE that I'm assuming would work for a Sony DVD (or whatever) operate the Fire TV WHEN FIRED AT THE TV, NOT AT THE FIRE TV. (via HMDI-CEC?).

I'm using the Fire TV to run KODI (XBMC) and actually have access to more commands than with the stock remotes or app. I'm just starting to play with it but, for example, the Sony TV Select/OK command pulls up the Subtitles menu while watching a movie that I can't figure out how to get to with the Fire TV's Standard remote, the Game Controller, or the Android app.

I've been out of the programming game since the Pronto and Intellicontrol days, so I'm not familiar at all with what's going on here (and hope I don't sound too foolish), but I'd sure love for someone to straighten me out. (and to try it with whatever TV you connect your next Fire TV too)

thx

Hosting Services by ipHouse