Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Sunday November 29, 2015 at 08:13
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
On November 28, 2015 at 12:59, PatMac said...
That is encouraging! Do you remember the brand you used? I want to avoid the trial and error routine.

The short answer is no.

It was on my own system and I had maxed out the HDMIs on my reciever so I thought this a good oppertunity to try out a cheapy and see if it worked, which it didn't. I didn't want to invest in a good HDMI since the money would be much better spent upgrading the receiver. I wound up switching the rarey used sources through the TV.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Just wanted to plus one the replant of that crap Monoprice piece.

Now I should qualify this next statement with a disclaimer, in that I have NEVER worked in an RV, but I agree 100 percent with your initial sollution. Fixing cable issues with band-AIDS like wireless, or what ever, doesn't always work out. We make the money on the margin but lose out having to mess around getting what ever solution to work right, and the customer spends the whole time frustrated. Ideally we know the solution, impliment it, and take the cheque to the bank but if that were the case all the time none of us would post here.

I say tunnel into that thing and run a new HDMI, and a cat6 while you're in there. Labour is always 100 percent proffit and you will be fixing the actual problem. Maybe it takes a long time but so is what you're doing now. I think the customer will appreciate it more in the long run, and you can sleep knowing it was done right and won't be getting a phone call.

Craig

Last edited by Craig Aguiar-Winter on November 29, 2015 08:26.
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse