Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday November 28, 2015 at 11:35
william david design
March 2005
On November 28, 2015 at 10:41, PatMac said...
1) Customer buys new RV (motorhome) from a dealer 8 hours away.
2) There are 5 Seiki TVs installed
3) There is one Sony blu ray player
4) There is one Satellite receiver..probably Dish Network...don't remember.
5) There is one Monoprice MHSP0204B 8 way HDMI splitter with 2 inputs.
6) THE MAIN TV HAS A DEFECTIVE HDMI CABLE. (Cable was pre-wired in the RV. It is buried.) Diagnosed by Yours Truly.
7) Customer calls RV dealer for a solution. Dealer advises customer to go with wireless HDMI to bypass defective cable.
8) Customer orders Nyrius NPCS549 wireless HDMI kit. (RV Dealer assures customer they use these all the time in situations such as this.)
9) After installation, the wireless HDMI kit has perfect video on the problem TV. Audio drops out several times, then completely after about 30 seconds. Problem occurs on both sources.
9a) Wireless HDMI works perfectly when the splitter is bypassed on either source.
9b) Running a 25' temporary HDMI cable from splitter to TV works perfectly.
10) I installed the Ethereal DAD JR between bluray player and splitter, then splitter and HDMI transmitter, then between HDMI receiver and TV. No luck on any configuration.

*CONCLUSION* I think I have exhausted all reasonable efforts. I advised customer at the beginning to get the HDMI cable replaced. Unless someone here has a better idea, I believe that is what needs to happen next. However, I prefer to have a solid and profitable solution. What did I miss??? HELP!

I just went through this.
Replaced splitter with another brand and it fixed the problem.
Defectus tuus consilium carpere discrimen mihi non constituit.

Hosting Services by ipHouse