The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday November 26, 2015 at 22:20
oberlybj61
Lurking Member
August 2015
Well, after a Turkey induced nap, I went ahead and cut and pasted the Pronto Hex code that was very nicely provided by 3FG into two different android smartphone apps.

Everything works!

It should be noted that Volume Up (NEC1 Device: 0 Function: 27) and Right Arrow (NEC1 Device: 0 Function: 27) are the same. Other functions that are duplicates are Volume Down and Left Arrow, Channel Up and Up Arrow; and finally Channel Down and Down Arrow.

The device that I am used as the (programmable) universal remote is the Samsung SM-T230NU Galaxy Tab 4 tablet which has an IR "blaster" on it. The two apps that I am using are "IR Remote 'New'", and "IR Remote Control Pro" which are independent of each other. Both have a large library of remote codes already established but it appears that the "IR Remote Control Pro" has an even larger library. Neither of them include the Ematic AT103B or the iView 3500STB. But once I cut and pasted the iView 3500STB codes from the file I found on Remote Central into each button, both apps worked great, programming must be done on each app, and for each button. The iView 3500STB worked great.

Even though to a novice like me, the setup and control screens in the iView 3500STB and the Ematic AT103B look the same, the remotes that come with the devices (converter boxes, USB record and playback) are not interchangeable. The iView 3500STB does not belong to me, so except for a few attempts with the "standby" and "mute" buttons using the two different apps, no further attempts were made. And the owner of the iView 3500STB does not have anything that can use the apps, so I then deleted the code that I did input.

As a side note, the Pronto Code supplied by 3FG was input by using the cut and paste functions of the Samsung clipboard, so I would program both apps four to six functions at a time into each of the two apps.

It should be noted that the Ematic Customer service personnel were responsible for providing the JPG file that helped 3FG to provide the Pronto Hex code for me (and others I hope). I thought the JPG file, a single picture of the remote and a likeness of the same remote with different two digit hex codes on each button was useless, but fortunately I keep everything. Ematic customer service was at first non-responsive to my first two emails. They did respond to my third email with a "nothing we can do" email, but if you persevere you can get something useful.

I definitely appreciate the assistance provided by Remote Central!

Last edited by oberlybj61 on November 27, 2015 13:58.
Brandon

Hosting Services by ipHouse