The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Wednesday November 18, 2015 at 19:05
tengizk
Long Time Member
September 2010
On November 9, 2015 at 22:51, Lyndel McGee said...
I've actually been thinking about buying a 105D. But I am finding it hard to justify the cost just for a BD player. My Sony BDP N460 works just fine from what I can tell. Not sure the Oppo will be that much better of a picture. I would like feedback from others here. The only other reason to buy an Oppo would be for the benefit of SACD or DVD-Audio which my Dune handles the FLAC rips just fine.

Yes, the main reason to get an OPPO is to be able to play SACD/DVD-A disks. I have a sizeable collection of both and would love to transfer all of it to FLAC 5.1 so that I would no longer need to touch the shiny disks anymore, however it's not as simple with SACDs, unless you have an old PS2 with hacked firmware in your possession.

Sony does make nice BD/SACD players as well, but the build quality of OPPO is far superior. Also, their tech support is one of the best among consumer electronics companies.

OPPO is also a very good digital media player in the sense that it can handle most popular digital media codecs and containers (but the UI is somewhat outdated). It does not outshine Dune though in this regard.

Hosting Services by ipHouse