Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Saturday November 7, 2015 at 20:29
Richie Rich
July 2002
On November 6, 2015 at 17:11, kgossen said...
When I first heard of Cedia and started reading about them, their number one talking point was consumer awareness, educating the consumer about our industry. The point was to be Cedia certified to impress your customer, not others IN the industry.

If I'm looking for somebody to help on a job, I couldn't give a crap about their Cedia certification, I'm more interested in their experience. I know a few guys that have a lot of Cedia courses under their belt and I wouldn't let them wire a dog house. I want someone that understands my regional electrical code until we have a unified electrical code for North America.

Cedia does have it's benefits. I can go to the show and take many manufacturers' courses at a fraction of the cost of travelling all over to take them.

It's frustrating when there was so much potential to raise consumer awareness and it's been pissed away.

I care if my mechanic is certified, you should too. Don't have enough hair to worry about a hairdresser :(

I wouldn't put too much stock in an ASE certified mechanic. I have had several friends who are/were mechanics and they all told me the same thing. Me, as a gearhead/shadetree mechanic would have little problem passing the ASE tests for various automotive systems.

It is pretty similar to CEDIA. I know guys in my our industry who make me wonder how they get out of bed in the morning without hurting themselves that are CEDIA certified.
Then again I know some of the same people who are somehow licensed contractors.
I am a trained professional..... Do not attempt this stunt at home.

Hosting Services by ipHouse