The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Friday November 6, 2015 at 16:45
2nd rick
August 2002
Speaking to Highfigh's question of what we are doing:

CEDIA offers 11 different ROI presentations for members who have completed the ROI train-the-trainer program.

This means that you can offer lunch and learn presentations to architects, designers, builders, etc. There is always strong interest and attendance at these events. Since each session is accredited by numerous organizations (AIA, ASID, NARI, etc), the attendees earn CEU credits for attending ongoing instruction toward *their own* industry certifications.

Again, we have *eleven* unique presentations, each of which qualifies attendees for ongoing CEU credit. A CEDIA member who takes full advantage of the ROI program could offer a unique training nearly every month for the design and specification community in their markets.

When I worked for a large manufacturer's rep firm, I traveled numerous occasions with the trainers and RSMs from vendors who were teaching lunch and learn events (Lutron and Vantage). I can personally attest to the fact that architects attending the presentations were very interested in what was being discussed. I also spoke to a large group (40+) of interior design professionals at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago about automated motorized window coverings on behalf of Draper.

Each time, at least one of them stopped to ask about a project that was in process or on the horizon. That is high end lead generation at it's very finest.

In empowering the members to teach these types of sessions with CEDIA-developed content, we are creating a scenario where the INTEGRATORS THEMSELVES get to be viewed as the expert in the room, and not a person from a manufacturer.

If anyone is interested in learning more, please feel free to use the numbers I posted in the earlier thread.

[Link: cedia.net]

Edit: the term ROI (Registered Outreach Instructor) is no longer used.
It is now called COI (CEDIA Outreach Instructor).

Last edited by 2nd rick on November 6, 2015 17:03.
Rick Murphy
Troy, MI

Hosting Services by ipHouse