Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Friday November 6, 2015 at 13:58
2nd rick
August 2002
On November 6, 2015 at 12:34, kgossen said...
Do they think that renaming them will make anybody care?

I remember taking the installer test years ago, the average 10 year old could have passed it.

The goal with the name change is to make the Certifications more uniform in how they are presented. Other organizations in other fields handle their certifications in a similar fashion.

- InfoComm has the CTS Cert as it's basic designation, and then CTS-D and CTS-I designations that address specialties.

- The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence does the same for automotive technicians, starting with the ASE automotive maintenance and light repair cert as their most common, then offering additional ASE specialty certs for diesel, auto body, electric vehicles, etc.

As to your other comment:
There is no question that the Installer I was not a very difficult test. That is part of why it's no longer offered. :)

Installer II and Designer had some teeth, even going back the first iterations.
The current ESC-T, ESC-D, and ESC-N exams are not lay-down tests by anyone's yardstick.

I just posted this as a general heads up for anyone who may not have seen the releases. There are other members of the staff who are generally in charge of creating the messaging and managing the marketing of these things.

My role at the organization is in the training department, specifically at helping to build upon the online training (members asked for more self-paced online courses, CEDIA committed to creating more self-paced online courses!)

If anyone wishes to learn more, we have member relations staff here at the office who are always available for a chat. 800-669-5329.

In addition, I welcome any of you to call me at the office.
My direct line is 317-735-4018.
Rick Murphy
Troy, MI

Hosting Services by ipHouse