The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Wednesday November 4, 2015 at 21:20
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 4, 2015 at 18:37, fcwilt said...
Then there should have been audible distortion.

How audible it is would depend on the level settings for input and output. Not saying he falls in this group, but I know that a lot of people in this business have no clue about setting levels or, for that matter, what sounds good (never mind what sounds great). After working with some people, I don't assume any knowledge of signal path, level setting, knowing sound quality or how to configure a system in the best way. I have worked with people who couldn't calculate a series/parallel load if a gun was to their heads.

Personally, I doubt it's the amp and more a problem with the input level setting. Knowing that the output from the Sonos is 2 VRMS, the level MUST be lower than fully clockwise and in fact, the manual, which doesn't actually show the input sensitivity, recommends that the controls should remain at 12:00, as it comes from the factory. If the sensitivity when fully clockwise is 1VRMS for full output, I would guess that 12:00 requires 2VRMS.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse