Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday November 2, 2015 at 17:09
buzz
May 2003
Here is a short background thread on this system if you are curious.

Anyway, I have a TPMC-4XG that is not connecting to the WiFi. It is likely that the local access point SSID has been reset (It's showing its default SSID). Since I don't have access to the original Crestron programming (defunct dealer), is there a way that I can interrogate the TPMC-4XG and find the expected SSID or can I change the SSID directly, using a hidden menu? I am also not ruling out a defective TPMC-4XG since I think that I know and have tried all of the likely SSID's.

This is not a WiFi password issue -- nothing has a password. (I know, I know, it's not my system) This is not a weak signal issue because there is an access point in this room. I suspect that the original installer was struggling with WiFi connectivity because there are access points in odd locations

By the way, there are three of these controllers in the system, two are working, but I am seeing too many screen refreshes on all of them. The battery run time is not very good -- well under an hour. Do these controllers become cranky, even when on the charger, as the battery ages? There are no reboots unless the battery completely discharges.

Do I need to worry about restricting the WiFi to 802.11b/g for these things?

Hosting Services by ipHouse