The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 123 made on Sunday November 1, 2015 at 08:10
jesterselv
Long Time Member
August 2009
I agree with Simoneales on how the world views America, and how we stick our noses in where it doesn't belong. We were created as a republic, but unfortunately we run in a democratic society. I don't care if it's the Democrats or the Republicans in charge, the problem is systemic and both parties are at fault. Lobbyists and career politicians are largely to blame. The system is rigged so that the people only have two choices for a political agenda. Then people are fixated on smaller issues (i.e. gay marriage, abortions, guns, drugs, scandals, etc) to keep the divide between the people so they don't look at the larger picture and actually vote for true change.

The potential steps I see to fixing America are, fixing the tax code, mandatory term limits in ALL public offices, end lobbying, remove ourselves from the United Nations, stop sending our money to other countries for a while, stop borrowing money, pay down our debt, penalize companies for sending jobs overseas, taking care of our veterans, fixing mental health, investing in education, doing something to focus on shrinking our prison population and making appropriate jail time sentences. Now I'm not saying all of this is feasible, or that it will work. Hell, some of those ideas might not be good but some of them sure are. But at least I'm talking about it.

This thread seriously got derailed...
"Those who sacrifice liberty For security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse