Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday October 15, 2015 at 15:00
mdavej
December 2002
No. But you can go to device mode, or rework your activities so they use discrete commands. With discretes, it doesn't matter if you send additional on or off commands, as the devices won't toggle. Of course your devices have to have discrete commands available. Posting the brands should tell us.

Another option would be to remove all power commands from your activities and simply put power buttons on the screen for manual control. But that kind of defeats the purpose of one-button activity macros.

You may want to consider replacing your Harmonys with Nevo C2's from ebay (~$16 each at the moment). They are equal to or better than the 700 in every respect except for the rechargeable battery and state tracking (precisely the feature that's giving you problems). You have full control over the contents of the activity macros and can go to activity mode at any time with or without running the macro since the final mapping is any mix of devices you choose. You can make a virtual device that contains whatever mix of devices and commands you need, similar to the final state when you run a Harmony activity.

The JP1 community has created some fantastic free software to program them (Remote Master) that is far better than Harmony software.

A review of Nevo's twin, the Xsight, is on the first review page of this very forum. A lot has changed since that was written, but the basic features of the remote itself are the same. FWIW, I have 2 Harmony 700's in my closet and 5 Nevo's in service in my house, two of them in the living room like you.

Hosting Services by ipHouse