The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Sunday October 11, 2015 at 12:00
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
One thing I forgot to say is that minimal (say, zero) latency is very important!

On October 10, 2015 at 08:55, brianhifi said...
You can't just sell this person a new receiver....

This person is myself, and no.

On October 10, 2015 at 07:21, Neurorad said...
Why Bluetooth, and not another RF protocol?

Just because bluetooth is out there. The problem is not in finding a bluetooth product, it's in winnowing down the possibilities to a good working pair, transmitter and receiver, to get the audio out there.

Details, details. If you take a step back and provide the need, we may be able to offer solutions you haven't considered.

That's exactly what I might have written. Thank you!

1.In a church recording scenario, I want to get board audio into a video camera about fifty feet away. A surface run cable would have to be temporary, installed and put away every week, and cannot be safely run and taped down in less than about a half hour.

2.From my computer to my garage, about thirty feet plus one floor and at least one wall. There's no AV receiver in the garage.

3.Other portable scenarios that might arise.

4. This:
Bluetooth is great because it's already baked into a lot of hardware. One typically doesn't need to send and receive, just one or the other.

I need at least one complete set to be versatile, regardless.

Maybe something from Atlantic Technology? [Link: atlantictechnology.com]

That's $400, has a 30 watt stereo amp, and I need only line level output.

That amazon product is looking good! The specs are funny, though; 150 foot transmit range and 45 foot receive range. Does that mean if the transmitter is 150 feet from the receiver, signal will get through, as long as the receiver is no further than 45 feet from the transmitter?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse