The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10,356 made on Sunday October 11, 2015 at 03:16
Eastside A/V
Select Member
September 2006
On October 10, 2015 at 23:28, Neurorad said...
EastsideAV - Any acoustic treatments planned? Fabric walls?

Space looks gorgeous. I would buy that, really clean lines, my style. I'd go big on the LCRs, though. Maybe some floor-standing speakers planned, for A/B comparison?

The goal is to be able to show value based upgrades.

Right now the only acoustic panels onsite are the 2 4'x4' Kinetics Starcoustic Panels which will be mounted to the ceiling. Additional treatments for the side and back walls are planned (but may not be installed for a while based on available cash flow), But in the interim I have some custom art that will be going into the side wall niche's.

The long term plan is to add a Crown 8 channel DSP Amp and use BSS processing/switching between up to 4 pairs of Front L/R speakers (most likely KEF Q900's + Q600c will be the first pair added). The main power source for the time being will be a Yamaha RXA3050 (plus secondary amp) to be able to run a 7.2.4 atmos system using Sonacne VP82's with a pair of Sunfire XT12 subs. Projector to be mounted is a SONY 350ES, and screen will most likely be either a 120" SI or Dalite JKP acoustically transparent screen. Seating currently is Salamander AV basics and Cabinet is a Salamder Chameleon, there will eventually be a second row of seating (most likely bar height counter to match our kitchen space and accommodate 6 bar stools so we can seat 10 comfortably.

Total cost to turn the room from a 13x16 shell to this is about 10k before AV (Framing and Drywall was 1800, tape/mud/prep and paint was 3000, Electrical including fixtures 2500, and carpet with heavy duty pad was 2100). Total room with seating/AV/Install etc. should run about 40k for a client.
...and hopefully we'll sell quite a few packages (between 10-50k) by being able to show what can be done.
Bryan Levy
www.eastsideav.com
Gallery: [Link: eastsideav.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse