The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday October 5, 2015 at 14:11
Bubby
Advanced Member
July 2007
It has been a while since I have been here mainly because everything was working great. But my daughter finally agreed to give up her playroom this summer and I am in the process of installing a full theater.

What I would like to do it be able to have the components in the theater fire up from a press of a keypad on my Lutron lighting system.

My main components that I would like to control via the keypad are:

Epson 8350 Projector
Denon AVR
DirecTV DVR.

I have other components, but these are the ones that will be used on a daily basis. The idea here is when I head downstairs to watch TV, I press one button and it turns on the lights and all equipment so that by the time I get there, the projector has started its warmup.

My Lutron processor can output any RS-232 commands I program it with, so that part of the process is easy.

What I am looking for is a way to take those RS-232 commands and have them trigger an IR output. I have an old MSC-400 which should do this, but it requires me to go find an old XP computer and program it from there (unless this has changed). I could just run a direct RS-232 cable from the processor to the projector as it is really the component I want to fire up early, but the having the others fire up and be on when I sit down would be nice as well.

I will be using an MX-980 remote and will being using some form of RF/IR base station. Just didn't know if there was anything that could do what I am wanting short of the MSC-400.

Thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse