The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Saturday October 3, 2015 at 00:50
simoneales
Select Member
May 2005
On October 2, 2015 at 20:53, Mac Burks (39) said...
From what i have read...They simplified things by making the law the same across the entire country. No loopholes that let felons get firearms in other states. They bought back 3/4 of a million guns from society. They made it illegal to purchase guns online or at garage sales. They actually investigate the person who is applying for the license. You don't get to just buy whatever you want. You can by a hunting rifle if you can prove to them that you are a hunter. You have to continue to renew the license by again meeting the standards. You can lose your license and gun if you dont meet the criteria.

Seems to be working...

The gun laws here go a bit further than that but the general principal is correct. Some specific points for context are:
No fully automatic weapons period, no matter how bad you think you need it for hunting or personal protection.

No Handguns unless you require them for work like police or certain security work or you are an active member of a gun club and compete in a sport requiring a handgun.

Rifles and shotguns are available to farmers and professional hunters, or active members of clubs like field and game.

All guns are registered and there are substantial penalties for being in possession of any unregistered firearm even if you have other registered firearms.

Basically you need a good verifiable reason to own a gun or you just can't buy one. Personal or home protection is not considered a legitimate reason for owning a gun.

Likewise all guns must be stored in locked gun cases or safe's and ammunition must also be locked away and stored in a different location.
I guarantee I'll tell you the truth and I guarantee I'll tell you what you need to know but I can't guarantee that I'll be telling you anything you want to hear.

Hosting Services by ipHouse