Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday September 22, 2015 at 17:00
vwpower44
August 2004
Every time I do one of these I am absolutely amazed.

Setup the Sony to get its IP Address via DHCP. Set the IP address in the router via it's MAC address. Turn on Network Standby.

Go power on Volume, and set to -35

Go to Music Connect under network settings. Have it scan for decvices...your Sonos pieces will show up. Select the MAC address for the Connect plugged into the Sony Receiver. Select the input you have the connect plugged into on the receiver (SACD/CD). Then set turn on volume to something like -5.

Go into the input assignment and turn off video inputs for the SACD/CD input.

When you turn the system on, volume will default to -35.

When you start changing volume, for example to -28 while you watch the news, the receiver will remember the volume.

When you open the Sonos App, select play, within about 2 seconds teh Sony will automatically switch to the SACD/CD input, and you will hear Sonos. You can use the volume on the Sonos app.

When you change inputs on the Sony receiver, it will adjust the volume to the previous volume of -28. If the receiver was previously off, it will switch to the input you select with the preselected turn on volume of -35.

The Sony receiver will also issue a pause command to the Sonos Connect and any grouped zones.

Works flawlessly every time.

I think the Sony ZA 1000ES sounds great for the price of $899. Just did one today with an Aritson SB39 soundbar and the results were fantastic. I wish they had something in the $2000-$3000 price range.

When Music connect first came out, it was a little buggy, but it is perfected now and works great.
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish...

Hosting Services by ipHouse