Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 40 made on Thursday September 17, 2015 at 11:47
BizarroTerl
October 2002
The cognitive dissonance in this thread is deafening.

NO president is fully responsible for what happens when they're in office. Did Obama fixed the economy? No. He may have had an influence, but crediting him for the turnaround is just delusional.

The same with Bush and Iraq. Yes, Bush/Cheney were determined to invade Iraq. They did everything they could to sell it to congress and the public. Instead of intelligently considering the ramifications and reasoning it out the public swallowed the BS and congress went ahead and voted for it.

Would Trump make a good president? By the way he acts it appears that no, he wouldn't. His method of dealing with others may work with Apprentice contestants, but it would be counter productive with Jinping/Putin. One may find his candidness refreshing, but I you think that will go in Washinton DC or the global community, well you really need to take a second look.

I personally believe a good president should understand that they cannot, alone, made the changes that are best for our country or mankind. This has to be done by working with others to generate a consensus. If he/she can convince others that what needs to be done is a good thing, then they will support it. If he/she can only threaten then all they get is resistance.

However with our current political climate none of that may matter. In 2008, with the economy in free fall the republican party had only one goal. It wasn't fixing our reputation abroad. It wasn't keeping people in their homes. It wasn't fixing the banking system so something like that wouldn't happen again. It wasn't helping those who were out of work. It wasn't helping business that couldn't borrow to keep themselves afloat so their employees could buy food to feed their families. It wasn't creating jobs. It was to to whatever it took so that Obama wouldn't get reelected.

I applaud the republican party for being able to set a goal and stick to it. I condemn them for placing partisan politics as that goal and not the country they pretend to love.

Hosting Services by ipHouse