The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday September 14, 2015 at 09:32
RandyWalters
Long Time Member
December 2006
On September 13, 2015 at 17:39, cosmopotter said...
Any luck with this issue? I have a URC-200 which I love but has the same issue. I actually purchased a URC-R40 to fix the problem but it has been no end of trouble. It accepts the codes and works but it keeps dropping them here and there.

You may have purchased an early version of the R40 which had the buggy firmware (version 1.14) that randomly drops learned commands. Check to see if you have 1.14 - go to:

System > System & Battery > under System Info/Memory Used press the + key on the left and the Firmware Version is displayed

URC corrected this problem with firmware version 1.20 (and reportedly also 1.19). If yours have 1.14, i'd return it ASAP as you'll go insane trying to get all commands to stick. BTDT. I have one of each and 1.20 is stable. Oh, and your OLED screen will almost assuredly start to go dim in a few years - mine are almost completely dark now.

Here's the official R40 thread:

[Link: remotecentral.com]
Randy
URC MX-890, MX-780, MX-450, R40, MX-500, Sony XBR-55X900E, Panny TC-P55ST60, Tivo Roamio Pro & Premiere & OTA, TWC Arris DVR, Onkyo 333 AVR, Roku Express 4K, Panasonic Blu-Ray

Hosting Services by ipHouse