The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday September 12, 2015 at 03:13
buzz
May 2003
Russ,

Are you comfortable working with a programming language? If so, there are some "fringe" controllers that will do what you want. Look at some of the alternative approaches that pop up as advertisements on this site. Note that I'm not being mean by calling these "fringe", some are rather slick, but not mainstream enough to be used by pros. And, as you suggest, many pros like the "lock-in" scheme or consider the program to be the pro's intellectual property.

Personally, I'll work with selected customers on a consulting basis. I do the heavy lifting and they follow on by arranging their own screens. This is not a scheme that works for everyone.

There are a few pro's who apparently work exclusively online. I came across a Harmony system where the physical installer contracted with an offsite programmer. I thought that the results were grim and so did the customer -- that's why I was brought in. We replaced the whole remote system.

I hope that your "Bluetooth" and "RF" devices can be controlled by some other means, otherwise these devices will complicate the control approach enormously.

Give us a list of model numbers that you want to control.

Last edited by buzz on September 14, 2015 22:20.

Hosting Services by ipHouse