Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday September 11, 2015 at 11:45
sashua
Lurking Member
September 2004
Hi everyone,

I am in need of a stable and easy to use/program remote and I seem to be at a loss here.

On one hand I absolutely HATE the Logitech line as I have used several models in the past and they just don't work well...constantly losing track of items in the macro chain or components not getting the signal, whatever.

I would like to get a remote control that is more robust but I am being told that stepping up to another brand like URC or RTI will require a programmer to set it up for me.

If this is true, I will happily hire a programmer but I don't want to be beholden to one every time something goes wrong or every time I decide to switch out a component.

Is there any remote control out there that is *reasonably* easy to adjust but also more stable than Logitech? If not...maybe one that can be modified easily by a programmer on the web?

Here are my criteria:
*Controlling 5 components that ar IR, 2 that are Bluetooth and one that is RF.
*Do not have line of sight for all of it together (gear in front, projector at back)
*Apartment in New York City (please call me if you are a programmer with a solution!)

Thanks,
Russ ([email protected])

Hosting Services by ipHouse