The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Friday September 4, 2015 at 08:59
Knightwing
Long Time Member
March 2007
I was the second commenter on the article in ce pro. I beleive I am only referred to as John. I provided my actual dealer name of Knightwing Audio as well, and I use it or my real name ALWAYS! I don't go around talking crap and believe that if you are going to, you better have the balls to put your name on it... I think it is a shitty move by Ira, and no thank you to a new and improved relationship!

I am / was a Bay Audio Dealer since 2004. I was never a "big" dealer, but I tried to support them as mech as possible. Most of the product has exceptional build quality, and brings a credible story to tell at the sales table. I still have some inventory if anyone needs to match something up.

I have NOT received the "letter" that was mentioned. No email, no fax, no phone call. I recently placed an order roughly 3 months ago and nothing was mentioned of the upcoming "transition". I feel like I did my client a disservice because she now has a left, center, right speaker set that will have no future! These replaced a set of Original M&K's purchased back in 2005. I'm sure she feels her new speakers which cost nearly 3 times as much will out last and out perform her old ones. I fully expect the same. The only problem is, I will not be able to even source a tweeter if such an issue arises... Just not cool!

I can only remember one incident requiring warranty repair with a Bay Audio product. It was a powered subwoofer that retailed for $1,000. The client managed to fry the woofer. It was fully under warranty, but even though it was less than a year old NO parts were available! Not even a simple woofer replacement! They did not hang me out to dry though and replace the entire sub with the newer model. They could have said that it was abuse and therefore not covered. So good for them on that. Honestly I remember thinking, wow how strange is that that they don't have a replacement woofer for a product less than a year old! I was able to get replacement M&K woofers for ten year old product! Not because they were blown, but the foam had rotted away.

My opinion is this... Ira should have kept his name out of the new company and remained a behind the scenes consultant for the new guy. My take being he has a new influx of cash from the investor and the new guy wanted to bring some credibility to the new company. Bad move, ex lax.

Hosting Services by ipHouse