The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Wednesday August 19, 2015 at 21:20
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
On August 19, 2015 at 15:56, 3PedalMINI said...
I have a situation where I have a downtown condo with the main system on the first floor and another system for the rooftop deck 4 floors up. Im dealing with the builders shitty wiring and on this 4th floor deck/pilot house i have NOTHING except for electrical outlets, not even a coax or phone line however the outdoor speakers are all run to a little cabinet.. Powerline ethernet will not work since that has its own sub panel (for whatever strange reason) It is impossible to run a wire to the cabinet without significant damage!

I however have excellent wireless coverage up stairs in that area. Sonos is just in range enough that it locks on but it will not maintain a strong enough connection to stream music. I added a boost on the 2nd floor and it seemed to of helped but it dawned on me I will need to add another considering the sonos matrix..However I have perfect signal off of wifi from a ruckus AP right below the deck/pilot house. So rather then pollute the area with unnecessary wireless signal can I just force sonos to use the WIFI network?!?

NO YOU DON't quit making up stories. What is the customers name and phone number?
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse