The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday August 19, 2015 at 15:56
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
I have a situation where I have a downtown condo with the main system on the first floor and another system for the rooftop deck 4 floors up. Im dealing with the builders shitty wiring and on this 4th floor deck/pilot house i have NOTHING except for electrical outlets, not even a coax or phone line however the outdoor speakers are all run to a little cabinet.. Powerline ethernet will not work since that has its own sub panel (for whatever strange reason) It is impossible to run a wire to the cabinet without significant damage!

I however have excellent wireless coverage up stairs in that area. Sonos is just in range enough that it locks on but it will not maintain a strong enough connection to stream music. I added a boost on the 2nd floor and it seemed to of helped but it dawned on me I will need to add another considering the sonos matrix..However I have perfect signal off of wifi from a ruckus AP right below the deck/pilot house. So rather then pollute the area with unnecessary wireless signal can I just force sonos to use the WIFI network?!?
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse