The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Tuesday August 18, 2015 at 14:31
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On August 18, 2015 at 11:11, Richie Rich said...
HAHAHAHA!

Embarrassed to say I did something similar once. Was cutting a hole and was like "what the heck is in this wall that is so difficult to cut". Yup, pocket door.

In my defense the contractor doing the remodel had capped the door frame and abandoned the door inside the wall. So 20 years from now when the house is remodeled again, somebody will probably pry the molding off and try to re-use the pocket door only to find it won't move "because some idiot drilled a hole in it and pulled wire through".

I mounted a TV on a wall with a pocket door. My bracket lag bolt went right through it. Stud-liar was giving me trouble and i could see wood on the tip of my drill bit so i went for it :).

Client had a door leaning against the wall 1 foot from the opening to the bath that was attached to the room i was working in. I just assumed that there was no bathroom door because it was leaning right next to it.

Customer walks in and goes to open the pocket door and thats when i realized what i had done. I fixed the lag bolt hole by spraying expanding foam into the hole and waiting a couple days. Then i uses a razor to cut it even with the wood and then bondo on each side. Luckily they were in the process of painting so i was able to touch it up. When the client asked me about it a week later i was able to show him that it was as good as new.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse