The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Monday August 17, 2015 at 14:39
King of typos
Loyal Member
June 2002
On August 17, 2015 at 14:14, mdavej said...
What do you mean by "service"? Yes, you still have to pay for your programming package. But all other fees (DVR service, hardware rent/lease) go away entirely.

For example, my cable company charges $20 for DVR service plus $7 for each box. So my 4 TV system would normally cost $48 in fees alone.

With Tivo, there are two scenarios. If I have subscription service on my main DVR plus 3 Minis, then my fees would be $15 paid to Tivo and $2 paid to my cable company for the cable card for a grand total of $17 (Minis never have a monthly fee). If my main DVR has lifetime service, the my grand total is $2 (Minis include lifetime service for free). I have lifetime, so my monthly savings is $46 (~$550/year). That pays for my main DVR with lifetime ($300) plus 2.5 Minis. The other 1.5 Minis are paid for 3 months later. So beginning in month 16, I save $46/month.

I think Comcast actually gives you a credit for using a cable card. So you actually make money by using Tivo.

Oh ok, that makes since now. Thank you for that.

How does HD tuning work? Currently on my X1 box. If I were to press channel 3, which is my local CBS, it will auto tune to the HD equivalent of channel 3. Which is somewhere in the 1,000's I think.

How will the TiVo box handle that?

KOT

Hosting Services by ipHouse