The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 104 made on Saturday August 15, 2015 at 12:10
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
WRT insurance fraud, I sold a nice stereo system to a guy and about six months later, he came in and asked for a duplicate receipt so he could file a theft loss claim with his insurance company. About a month later, I got a phone call from someone, asking if I could connect a stereo system. We were talking about closing for the day because of the blizzard, so I told the store owner that I would be leaving to do this. My first mistake that day was telling the guy I could do it before asking where he lived- I wouldn't want to go there on a good day, never mind during a blizzard. It's a very bad part of Milwaukee and it's commonly the scene of terrible crimes. My second mistake came when I took one look at what he had and mindlessly said, "You know that system is hot, right?". DOH! He asked if that was a problem and I told him it wasn't, so he asked how much and I told him it would be a hundred dollars. He paid me and it took all of fifteen minutes. He asked how I knew it was hot and I told him that I was the one who sold it and it was the kind of system I would assemble.

It was a good day- I didn't die.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse