Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Saturday August 15, 2015 at 10:46
ericspencer
December 2011
Honestly I would check with your local inspector to see what they will accept since villages can have their own addendum to national code. Article 725 covers much of your situation.

"Section 725-54(a)(1), Exception No. 2 in the NEC allows low-voltage cables and higher-voltage conductors to be in the same enclosure where the higher voltage conductors are not greater than 150 volts to ground and are introduced solely to connect to the equipment. Where using this exception, the low-voltage conductors must be installed and insulated as Class 1 conductors.

Some installations require that Class 2 or Class 3 circuits enter an enclosure, an outlet box, or certain raceways, such as wireways and surface raceways as covered in Article 352, to enable connecting the circuit to the equipment. These Class 2 or Class 3 conductors or cables must be separated from the power conductors by either a barrier or a raceway within the enclosure. The barrier is normally made of the same material as the enclosure but the NEC does not specify the type of material for the barrier."

[Link: ecmweb.com]
Not my circus, not my monkeys

Hosting Services by ipHouse