The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 98 made on Saturday August 15, 2015 at 03:53
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On August 14, 2015 at 21:20, Mario said...
I got them to allow me to bill everything based on my business address which pisses of some of my clients because I live in one of the higher sales tax rate areas.

The simple cure for their anger is for them to convince the tax agency to collect sales tax based on the installation location. Hours and hours of staring at blank bureaucrats will cool their ardor on that issue!

Actually, the fairest thing would be for you to charge tax at your office rate on the products that you sell to them from your office; to charge the tax at their location rate if you charge to deliver,* so there will be shipping data; and charge labor sales tax on the labor done at their address.

I'm not saying they'd go for this, but it sure sounds fair to me.

*Just to be pesky, always make the delivery charge larger than the sales tax saved by this method.

Either way, if I did service for you in xyz, it wouldn't matter that you also have 2nd home (or just billing address) in another state. I bill based on where the service was performed.

As you should.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse