Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 32 made on Tuesday August 11, 2015 at 13:18
Audiophiliac
August 2006
I do not remember the exact quote from this older single guy. But we showed up to put in a new 60" Kuro, Integra pre/pro, new remote, etc. and he left at about 11:00 AM and came back around noon with a half empty bottle of Jack. He had it totally empty by 2:00. He sat in the living room and watched us/dozed off for a few hours.

Several times, he "came to" and was surprised we were there. One time he asked us what the hell we were doing....and did not believe that he bought all this new stuff. One time he thought we were robbing him. At first it was just funny...and old drunk spouting off. But then he asked me if I would give him a back rub. I stopped what I was doing, and said "Pardon me? Did you just ask me to give you a back rub?" He said "Sure...I will rub yours to!" I sternly said "No thank you. I am NOT rubbing your back!" He was really disappointed at that. He eventually went back into his drunken coma.

We were there a bit late finishing up the system in the bedroom upstairs. At 7:30, he gets out of his chair and tells me he is going to bed. I told him my co-worker was up in his room hooking up his TV. He just said he was tired and was going to bed. He went up, my co-worker came down, and I asked him what happened. He said the guy just wandered in and face planted on the bed. He finished hooking up the TV and left.

This was the same guy who had a 36" Sony XBR CRT on a lazy susan on a lingerie chest (for you non-furniture description understanding types, a lingerie chest is a tall, narrow chest of drawers). Very sketchy. We got a call one day from him asking if we could come by and pick his TV up for him. After asking some questions, we found out that several days earlier, he somehow managed to pull the TV off the dresser. It landed on his foot. He spent 2 days in the hospital. We arrived on the scene....I call it a scene, because we walked into the bedroom and there was a huge blood pool stain under the TV which was still face down on the floor. He insisted we place the TV back where it was, and we obliged after explaining to him the laws of physics and that history repeats itself. His foot was pretty mangled. Nice guy....just lost a few marbles along the way.

His son called after we installed the new 60" Kuro and updated surround sound stuff, and was upset with us for manipulating his senile father into spending way too much money. This was not the case. But about 6 months later, the guy died....NOT from the Sony falling on him again. Guess who got the system?
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse