The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 103 made on Saturday August 1, 2015 at 22:52
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On August 1, 2015 at 22:32, 24/7 said...
Agreed. Ernie, generalizations are never factual for everyone.

Mac is perfect example. If I understand correctly, Mac would classify himself as having liberal values but predicted that co-workers would not accept this type of income distribution.

On the topic of income distribution...I think its a really bad idea to pay everyone the same no matter what the position. All it will do is make the skilled personnel angry and make the unskilled labor grateful but lazy IMO. Why would i deal with installations and customers when i can make the same money washing urine off the walls in the company bathroom? No midnight Christmas Eve emergency AV phone calls when you clean bathrooms for $75,000.00 a year.

But...i don't have a problem with a higher minimum wage for companies employing more than 100 people. There is no excuse for Walmart (and the like) to pay their employees so little that i have to pay for their housing, medical insurance and supplemental food. Why do they do it? So a few billionaires can have a few extra billion in case they ever run out of billions? Ridiculous.

By the way...i literally started out in this industry cleaning toilets (and speakers and amps). At 12 years old... 1 day a week i would ride the bus and walk for 1.5 hours. I I can remember wearing my football equipment to work some days because i couldn't get out of practice. I remember putting price tags on the green CD markers and packs of cable lifters. The good old days when a $100,000 sale meant 1 day of installation!
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse