Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Tuesday July 28, 2015 at 23:59
King of typos
Loyal Member
June 2002
On July 28, 2015 at 22:16, cma said...
If you aren't being charged on the bill for HD then it's some sort of introductory special offer or something. I have a client that is too cheap to pay for HD service and he has the Xfinity boxes, there is HDMI out on it but it is not HD.

When I originally received the SA boxes over 2 years ago. The person who I spoke with over the phone asked if I have any HD TVs. I said one at my house and none at her house. At which point I said that I don't want HD service, because I was with Dish at the time and still am.

Anyways, when the boxes came in mine was 100% HD box had HDMI and component. I could tune into the HD channels which are/were in the 1000's or wherever. My bill did not have HD service for the 2 years I had it. While her's was not, didn't even have a TV at the moment so it didn't matter.

With the current X1 boxes, they both change the channel to the HD channels. So if I press channel 3 for WFSB, CBS here in CT, it'll change the channel to it's HD station.

So your client must not have the auto change feature turned on in the X1 set up. If it were an introductory special, then it still would show up on my bill. But with a $0.00 figure next to it. Neither of my bills has anything pertaining to HD.

Nevertheless, there isn't a reason for them to charge extra for HD service. Especially now that HD channels are more common than non. If Dish can offer free HD for life with CC auto pay. I am sure other companies can follow suit.

KOT

Hosting Services by ipHouse