The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday July 23, 2015 at 22:34
pgaiduk
Long Time Member
May 2011
I am working in a location which is on the National Register of Historic Places.
They want a visitor to be able to walk into a room and press a button to select and play one or all of 4 recordings pertaining to the historic person who lived there.
It is desireable to be able to select which of the 4 recordings one would want to listen to maybe from a numbered legend or plaque located near the button(s).
4 separate buttons? Or better one button to toggle through each of the 4 selections. Some sort of indication of which selection you were listening to would be necessary however such as maybe a remote LED readout numbered 1,2,3,4 indicating which audio clip one was listening to.
The audio clips would be stored digitally or burned to CD on the device.
Can someone point me to such equipment that sounds like it would work in this application?
I've got brain lock on this one.
Thanks.
PS. The interface needs to be accessible and simple for the elderly or non tech savvy. Hence a simple button press to play a clip till it ends. Then stop till the next button press. An iPod interface would be too much I suspect.

Last edited by pgaiduk on July 23, 2015 22:58.

Hosting Services by ipHouse