Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday July 18, 2015 at 19:43
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
Greetings,

I have been inspired to work on a ProntoScript configuration for LMS (SqueezeServer) that is very simple.

It has 3 basic pages.

Guide (Navigate and select the music to play)
Now Playing (Information regarding the currently playing track)
Server Info (Library/Player information).

What I am looking for is someone to use/test the module and provide user feedback but I do have some specific requirements.

1. Must reserve time and be able to speak on the telephone regarding design, questions, etc...
2. Able to run the configuration in PEP2 with Jon Welfringer's simulator modification to allow you to quickly test out items.
3. Able to test on a real remote as performance is different between remote and simulator.
4. An open mind to discussing various User Interface features and what makes sense from a user perspective with convenience being a priority over "pizazz".
5. LMS Library size of over 5000 Tracks is preferred.

If you are like me and have lots of music, a jacket picture is the least of our worries and I have no plans of implementing Jacket pics except maybe on the Now Playing page. This is, however, a very low priority item.

I am currently managing a library of over 7TB and includes 76K tracks on LMS and I can tell you that browsing my library by jacket picture is simply out of the question and doing so would bring the Pronto to a screenching halt.

So, if you are interested in working with me to refine the module, your assistance would be much appreciated. The last 2 weeks I've spent using the module and implemented several items that help selecting a track from the library as quick as possible. The module is very stable at this time but I would very much like to get it in someone else's hands to try for some feedback.

If you live in the lower 48 states and would like to participate, please reach out to me via my email address that is on my RC Profile. Please don't send RC mail but instead contact me via email.

Thanks,
Lyndel McGee
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse