Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday July 18, 2015 at 11:28
plodozhor
Lurking Member
July 2015
Hi all,

Currently I have a mixed environment of LG TVs, OpenBox set-top-box for SatTV, Yamaha AV receiver and 433 finally MHz light switch. I like the Magic Remote concept and being able to freely move mouse-like cursor on the screen. But it is a pain in the ass to control Yamaha with the magic remote: it requires HDMI connection and reproduces only the limited set of commands like volume- and volume+ and I can't change input source etc. I want to transfer the functionality of Yamaha remote into LG Magic remote but it seems it only can transmit just one IR code and it is on/off code. Is there a way I can control all my 'zoo' and have a mouse cursor on screen? Or at least A/V part and not the lights.

The alternatives are Harmony remote and Duwi remote (Duwi is my 433 MHz lighting manufacturer, they have universal remotes which can control their lights via 433 MHz and learn IR codes from up to 4 another remotes so 1 remote can be used for TV, lights, STB and Yamaha... but it lacks cursor feature). Is the cursor feature proprietary to LG magic remote only? I know it is bluetooth device, but are there any other universal remotes which can 'mimic' the magic remote and connect to LG TV - or LG keeps their bluetooth pairing code secret so no other vendor can make compatible remote?

So currently the solutions could be:
1) an uber-remote which is capable of everything
2) to program existing lg magic remote so it can transmit more commands via HDMI, not only volume
3) to enhance lg magic remote with IR.. how?

thanks in advance!

Hosting Services by ipHouse