The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Monday June 22, 2015 at 17:34
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On June 22, 2015 at 17:14, Ernie Gilman said...
That's fair warning to the folks on that forum.

That's because of the country you live in, dummy.

I found "throw" puzzling here. Some research and incredibly fast and helpful answers from two people in customer service at The Pacer Group informs me that with circuit breakers, "throw" is not used as it's used with a relay or switch.

It has to do with how many sticks come out of the breaker. A single throw breaker has one lever for turning it on and off. A double throw breaker has two levers. That is, it's two single throw breakers, each on a different phase, tied together so that when one is tripped electrically, the other is tripped mechanically so that neither leg is left live.

Jeez, I hope it's that.

Where was this?

Audioholics. I'll assume he has already been beaten to death about his terminology, by now.

I'm just annoyed by electricians, at the moment. I hung a TV last Monday and the guy drilled one hole in the brick fireplace surround for the BX and another for my cables- he did great on my side and then blew out a big chunk of a brick on the other when the drill came out. That wouldn't be so bad, but he threw it away when he cleaned up and I wanted to put it back in, so the molding wouldn't need to be so large. Than, while I was working in the basement, he decided to put the electrical box one brick too high, so it's visible from the kitchen. On top of it, every time he came in from his van, I smelled alcohol- I don't think it was Purell, either.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse