Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday June 9, 2015 at 03:34
tenchi
Long Time Member
January 2006
Hi guys,

Well it's been a VERY VERY VERY long time since I've posted to the forum and I hope your all well, big hello to long term members like Barry and Lyndel.

I started this project 5 years ago and with 2 babies and running a business time hasn't particularly been on my side.

Oh so what is the project. Well essentially it turns your Pronto into a webserver which you can then interact with. Philips gave me some initial code in the dying days but it was relatively limited. Last year we had a renovation done and we moved in to the inlaws. This gave me a bit of spare time to revisit the code and go from basic one page of macros where I last left it to the ability to layout multiple custom pages for your mobile device. As part of the reno I knew I was going to have a TSW9500 (I can still get my hands on new ones if anyone is interested) in the kitchen which I thought hmm that could make for a handy server! I mainly wanted it for when I'm outside and wanting to use the external zones where I'm not likely to be carrying a Pronto. However I like to challenge myself so I ended up converting my whole Pronto including some basic controls for AppleTV(FireCore) and Squeezebox. Now I find myself for the past 2 months not even looking for a Pronto as the phone is in my pocket!

You can take a peak here:
[Link: prontoprojects.com]

Think of it as a TSU9300, as if you have loads of ProntoScript that's not going to work. But if your using IR & RS232 then it's a great solution. I have setup some JSON variables you can define on the button labels which extends the functionality like the ability to send a socket/http requests. Also a great solution if your Pronto has died but you still have your extenders or you just find you want another remote... Just run the simulator and your good to go!

Can I use my existing layouts?
Er no. I could list a few but the main reason is there is no way to actually read in prontoscript what is on any given page.. In html you could query the DOM and loop... That feature never made it, it was planned in the next release :(
So unfortunately you have to number your buttons 1-50 and you can have panels 1-20 (I think).
BUT you can simply copy and paste your existing macros *hurrah* :)

It works on iPhone what about Android..
It will work on that too but I don't think you have the ability for "full screen app option" as long as your on a Webkit Browser you should be good!

What about different Screen Sizes
You can adjust the width of the box if you have a large screen/phablet the buttons live in and that will adjust your canvas. Width is all managed in % and all objects are absolutely positioned *coughs which is not the best for responsive* how ever does give you the best WYSIWYG. As everything is in % buttons just get wider on wider screens.

Images
Er No. Just no real "easy" way of getting them out of the Pronto that didn't require a heck of a lot of work for the user. Yes I do it for the icon but would you really want to base64 every image? Didn't think so.. There is also an issue with how much data the Pronto can output (8k) which was one of my first MASSIVE hurdles.

Price?
Well good question! I'd like feedback on that one!

Cheers

Last edited by tenchi on June 9, 2015 04:13.

Hosting Services by ipHouse