The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday June 3, 2015 at 10:43
Wilson7777
Long Time Member
July 2014
I wanted to experiment with my current Antenna. I have it attached to my chinmey and I own a bungalow so it isn't up super high, but it's up at least 30 feet.

Now, I live in between Toronto and Buffalo and get about 30 channels consistently.

I noticed that many people remove the "rods" from the bottom of their smaller antennas which supposedly gets you better range?

I have a large antenna:
[Link: channelmaster.com]

So I was wondering what would happen if I removed those reflecting rods from the lower half of the antenna, would I get a better signal?

Currently I have the Antenna pointing Southeast towards Buffalo but I pick up the Toronto channels on the back side pretty well.

Ironically I first purchased two antennas and pointed one towards Toronto and one towards Buffalo but I got less channels. As soon as I disconnected the one pointing towards Toronto I got a lot more.

The only channels I'm not able to receive reliably are:
47 OMNI 1 Toronto - not sure why I'm not getting this, 40 OMNI 2 comes in fine.
51 ION TV in Batavia (got it once)
26 Jamestown (sometimes I get it in the winter)
67 MeTV (which does comes in about 75% of the time but the signal is very low)
56 CoziTV (local to Buffalo but got it once for a few days)
4 CBS which usually comes in during the winter but in Summer it stops probably due to trees

So I guess my question is, do you think it's worth it to try this idea? Or should I just leave it the way it is and hope someday these stations increase their range?

Hosting Services by ipHouse