Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday May 2, 2015 at 22:09
bambam_101
Long Time Member
February 2008
Hey mate,

Cheers for the reply. Not having much luck so far! Almost seems like this process im trying to achieve is a black art of Crestron programming! lol

The rooms consist of DMPS-AEC units with dual projection, Lectern with 1-2 goose neck mics, another bench with 1-3 mics depending on room. The equipment isnt so much the issue but as to how to format a text file and how to load/retrieve that information in my SIMPL program.

Basically I need to be able to do the following via text file: (actually i dont NEED to but this is definitely something I WANT to learn)

1) Set IP Address/Hostname settings of the DMPS
2) Set Room name for display on the Touchpanel and possible for Fusion
3) Label Mics on touchpanel depending on how many mics are being used in each room
4) Preset some basic settings in the DMPS such as Master output levels, Mic Preamp gain (again depending on which mics are being used), phantom power, disabling HDCP on certain inputs depending on the rooms config.
5) Set source lables depending on room config.

Thres just no documentation on the process of writing a text file and getting the program to read and use the values from it on startup. I know it can be done as at my last job, we did it for 50 odd courtrooms that we set up. Unfortunately I wasnt the programmer for that job.

Cheers

Scott

Hosting Services by ipHouse