The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Wednesday April 15, 2015 at 20:32
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
On April 15, 2015 at 19:11, Ernie Gilman said...
Mr. S, I still wonder what you'll do with a mail guy who's making $70K per year, who has a crappy attitude because people who think they're worth more treat him like crap, yet he won't quit the job because he can't get anywhere near this amount of money for a similar position. I say again, everything he does will poison the atmosphere at that place. And there will be plenty such people.

I'm sorry I can't follow that logic, Ernie. If I were a mail clerk making 70K, I'd be pretty happy. Again are you projecting here? By that I mean you keep bringing up how people who think they are worth more, will treat him like crap? Is this how you think?

We're not living in a cynical world. We're living in a world with real people who have real incentives to earn more by working hard, learning, advancing... why would the mail room guy have any reason now to better himself? Be real!

Well, maybe he will be happy to be the best mail room guy possible? Not everybody has the need to "get ahead", and that is not necessarally a bad thing. Not everyone wants to be at the top of the heap.
Besides, I'm sure the CEO has thought about this and will provide incentives for people to advance if they desire to.

Oh, Bruce, how I hope you will still be ready to comment on this company in a year or two when the backfire has blackened the faces of everyone in the company.

You would probably said that years ago when the CEO of Costco decided to pay all of his workers more than twice the minimum wage.

He, Mr. Senigal, had a similar vision to the Gravity CEO. Pay people well, and they will be happier and more productive and provide a better experience for their customers, not have all of the money worries that affect so many employees. I think Costco is doing pretty well, and I know a couple of people who work for Costco, and they love their jobs.

Again though, I really have to question your thinking that everyone will end up hating one another. According to the woman I know there, she says the place has always had a very postive, healthy company culture.

I'll happily report back in a couple years.
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse